If you have a Health Savings Account (HSA), you probably realize it is a longterm investment. The funds in the account belong to you, and you can use them for your eligible medical expenses now, or you may choose to invest them for a larger return later on. Either way, you may designate a beneficiary for your HSA who will receive your HSA funds in the event of your death. If you are married, you must designate your spouse as your Primary Beneficiary. If you are married and choose not to make your spouse your Primary Beneficiary, you must complete the HSA Beneficiary Change & Spousal Consent Form.
Follow these easy steps to designate your HSA beneficiary:
- Log in to your Member Account. You can log in by clicking here. If you need help logging in for the first time, contact us at 866-818-8805.
- Hover over your name, and click on "Profile Summary".
- From the Profile Summary, locate the Beneficiaries section, and click "Add Beneficiary".
- Enter the information into all required fields (marked with a red asterisk).
- When you are finished, click "Submit".